- Crying at the Movies: A Film Memoir. Graywolf Press, 2002.
- Near Solstice, Mourning, poetry chapbook. West Town Press, 2009.
- The Angel of Duluth, prose poems. White Pine Press, 2006.
- La Belle et La Bête, poetry chapbook. Sarasota Poetry Theater Press, 1999.
- The Normal Heart. New Rivers Press, 1981.
- Rivers, Stories, Houses, Dreams. New Rivers Press, 1996.
- The House on Via Gombito: Writing by North American Women Abroad. (M. Sprengnether, editor.) New Rivers Press, 1991.
Selected Shorter Works
- “Lot’s wife.” To Sing Along the Way: Minnesota Women Poets from Pre-Territorial Days to the Present. Ed. Joyce Sutphen, Thom Tammaro and Connie Wanek. Moorhead: New Rivers Press, 2006.
- “Great River Road.” Fugue 26 (Winter 2003-04).
- “Heart,” “Hands,” “Skin,” “Drowning in Air” (prose poems). Women’s Studies, 31.4 (July-August, 2002).